9/12/2012

Did Your know that you were my hero?

On your 28 Birthday, I just want to dedicate this song to you, my fist born son. The lyrics in this song is a perfect depiction of our relationship.

It must have been cold there in my shadow
To never have sunlight on your face
You were content to let me shine, that's your way
You always walked a step behind

So I was the one with all the glory
While you were the one with all the strength
A beautiful face without a name for so long
A beautiful smile to hide the pain

Did you ever know that you're my hero
And everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle
For you are the wind beneath my wings

It might have appeared to go unnoticed
But I've got it all here in my heart
I want you to know, I know the truth, of course I know it
I would be nothing without you

Did you ever know that you're my hero?
You're everything I wish I could be
I could fly higher than an eagle
For you are the wind beneath my wings

Did I ever tell you you're my hero?
You're everything, everything I wish I could be
Oh, and I, I could fly higher than an eagle
For you are the wind beneath my wings
'Cause you are the wind beneath my wings

Oh, the wind beneath my wings
You, you, you, you are the wind beneath my wings
Fly, fly, fly away, you let me fly so high
Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings
Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings

Fly, fly, so high against the sky
So high I almost touch the sky
Thank you, thank you
Thank God for you, the wind beneath my wings
 

Father's and sons are suppose to have special relationships. I feel truly sorry for all those Dads who fail to have that good relationship with their sons. I'm truly blessed to have two sons to carry on my last name. I love then both dearly.
When a man first becomes a father something special happens he realizes at that point that he is responsible for making this young life someone special. And when that young life grows up, you then realize that you had a hand in molding this person into the image of what your view of the future was.Someone special to past the torch to. No matter how high you reached in your life, it is not worth much unless you can pass it on to someone or in my case to two sons. They can treat it as a relay or they can rebuild what you built if it is out dated and make  it better for their off-springs. To not realize that, is to live life in a truly selfish state of mind. As I  listen to the above video by Eddie Lever who  is a father who had two sons, Gerald his eldest die a few years ago and as I look at the pride on his face, here on the Album cover, I know he feels a real deep  loss in loosing his  eldest son so early (who was so very talented)  you may not know much about his second son. I'm sure that Eddie is praying very hard that nothing happens to him.  I can't even begin to tell you how I would deal with what Eddie Levert may be feeling.
Just the other day, my youngest brother in-law tweeted that his eldest son was in a serious car accident and that the car he son was driving was totaled... but his son was OK.... thanks to the seatbelt and airbags. When I read that my heart sank, because fathers like my brother in-law and I share the same values of being there for our kids, our eldest sons are one year apart and they are close cousins. Both of us are very proud of having kids. This is the most important job a father can have, it's  having a great relationship with his kids. We should never let our kids grow up wondering why their fathers are not their heroes. This is what I know,  your sons become your Hero in due time. My dad was my hero, and he past on these values to me, I in turn try to instill the same values in my sons. We can only pass on what we know. Not that a son who grew up without a dad can't grow up to be a great father, but it is easier for the sons who have a good dad to learn from... that is what being a hero is all about not leaping tall buildings or walking on water. It's being important in your kids lives.
The movie John Q was a sad movie with Denzel Washington who showed that he was willing to give up his life so that his son could live. In the end he only had to do some jail time. Which is a small prize to pay to ensure that his son could live a fruitful life for years to come.
His son said "thanks Dad"  and One of the guys who was a hostage played  by Eddie Griffin a comedian even in a serious movie  .. said these words in the end " you are my hero." 
If your sons are your Hero let them know because that will make them act like Heroes.  

They are the wind beneath your wings, and you will fly higher than an eagle, as they will in time.

 

Father First Became Bigger than Basketball

Here again a super hero dad Dwayne Wade writes about being a proud dad.

check out:

Two Stories for all Dads!

 

1 opmerking: