9/18/2012

You are who you THINK YOU ARE!

The following quotes are a collection that helps me smile (internally) daily:

  • I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.~John Burroughs
  • We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.~Swami Vivekananda
  • Change your thoughts and you change your World.~Norman Vincent Peale
  • A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes.~Mahatma Gandhi
  • We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves. ~Buddha
  • As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives.~Henry David Thoreau
  • Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well. ~Mahatma Gandhi
  • All intelligent thoughts have already been thought; what is necessary is only to try to think them again. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  • Our life is what our thoughts make it.~Marcus Aurelius
  • We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the World.~Buddha
  • The good times of today, are the sad thoughts of tomorrow.~Bob Marley

This last one by  Bob Marley makes me think about this other qoute by him which is so true.

"Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!"
~Bob Marley




My thought are often influenced by  what happens to me during the day, I'm working on thinking about the days I want to have instead of dealing with the day that life puts on my plate from time to time.  Feeling like you are in the toilet, can be changed by just how you think about the situation you are in. If you are thankfull that it isn't worse, you will feel better right a way. It works for me, most of the time...
I'm known as the guy who is always talking about choices, deciding to choose what you really want is a matter of  controlling your thoughts. Positive thought are far better than negative thoughts. You can except a situation but move your mind forward and don't stay stagnant in it.
I love looking at beaches as a scenic mind changer. I remember a professor who told me in my Public speaking 101 class. "Just picture everyone naked and you will start smiling right away as you step on stage."

I must admit it helped, but some of the images in my head of my class mates naked were horrible. So now I picture people at the beach having fun as the surf rolls in and out. Soothing and refreshing.

 
                            Take life in stride and try to move  forward to better thoughts,
good visuals help.


                       
Try this while you read this post or after..... click on this Youtube video and listen to the surf
( I did it when I was typing this blog post.)

1 opmerking: