10/19/2011

What do you mean I have a "B.A.D" attitude!



Our Newest way of communicating these days is by telling everyone to "read my sign" directly or indirectly, and I don't mean my horoscope! We all seem to have a favorite BRAND label that describes our attitudes. The person with a bad attitude sees nothing wrong with his/her attitude. The sign basically tells you what their attitude is all about, even before you  say anything to them - or they to you.  Personally I like the signs because I get the message before I speak to them. I even liked it (back in the day) when people walked around with boomboxes playing their favorite song. We called that "having your own personal theme song" like Rocky Balboa. "That's right I'm B.A.D." was their attitude as they bopped to the music walking down the street in Brooklyn, N.Y. Remember when that was popular? Well I do...... I specifically liked it because of what it implied - "BAD" - meant really good (back then) ..... Now we have signs everywhere for everything and everyone. This could not be your Sunday school teacher's car, or could it. You never know these days.
Did she really put that sign on her car, so everyone could see that she is the queen "B", or did someone else place it on the window without her knowledge? The "B" word use to be what guys mumbled under their breaths when the female classmate or teacher embarrassed them. If the teacher heard him, his "goose was cooked." Today the guy would be called a "B****" Ask a woman about the label and she might respond by saying: "Yeah, I'm a 'B' so what ....wait until tomorrow, I will tattoo it on my shoulder, so no one would question me again." I'm amazed at the women who do that, because 10-20 years down the road she might not like that label, and may insist that her kids call her, Mom.... I could never understand inking your Lover's name, after knowing him for just a week, on your rear-end, either. Or having matching tattoos on  your backs, ankles, thighs, bikini lines or breast. I can understand a Sticker on the Car,  because you might sell the car someday, and the person who might buy it may also like the label. But I can't see inking your body with someone's name .... who you now broke up with, and hate his guts. But that's just me. Here is one that still cracks me up when I think about it. Real experience here.
I walked into a Bar/restaurant in Chicago Ill, and I hear this pretty voice cursing like a sailor on a weekend leave. I said, "Oooooh, she must be a  Real queen B****." When the crowd around her shifted I saw this "smoking hot babe" and I realize she was the one cursing,  The truth was she was telling a joke, we later became friends  after someone, we both knew, introduced us, I never told her what I thought about her cursing. From that first moment my attitude was, damn, She is too much for me, which never changed.  There was nothing I wanted to say to her in public or private that could cause her to go off. You sure can't have a disagreement with someone like that, because she will be a major embarrassment to you in public. She would call you every name in the book if she got angry. I would never put myself in that position and risk pissing her off. Back then I had a habit of referring to women as Ladies until I heard that profanity coming out of her mouth, today I'm more selective as who I refer to as a Lady. I always felt I could get over by saying "How are you ladies doing this evening."
Let's just say a good First impression was the way to deal with an intro in my book I always thought it would go a long way. I always felt I could walk up to a table or send a drink to a Lady and get a positive reaction. After buying a round of drinks I could open the door to a conversation and see where it leads. But after hearing expletive after expletive after expletive..... I become that "guy" retreating to a better position. You know the "type" the fella that hangs at the edge of the bar next to the entrance looking cool sipping an exotic drink checking everyone's movements. Reading the body language and drawing his own conclusion as to who is real and who is fake.  Damn, I guess you need Super focus glasses to see thru the B.S. It just is, what it is.  B.A.D Attitudes are contagious these days they make even nice people act like "A(s)" and "B(s)." Why?  
Simple, attitudes these days have become the symbol of cool, because everyone is doing it! If you don't have a  - don't mess with me Attitude - you can not be part of the In-crowd. I always saved the best F-bombs for when I got really angry. This is not the norm anymore. Even the VP of the USA has a F-Bombing problem. He drops it like in public with an open microphone.  President Obama taps him on the shoulder with an embarrassed look on his face, thinking, "Damn I'm glad he's a white guy and not my bro Eric Holder, they would think all brother talk like that all the time."
Wow. What has happened here? You can't be cool unless you  are shocking people with expletives? You will not get any respect unless you have that nasty attitude. I guess People will MESS with you big time, if you're not hitting them between the eyes with expletive, expletive, expletive first.  Richard Pryor would be proud. Eddy Murphy, who is now a DAD, stopped making movies that he would be the star using the most F-bombs. He is no longer that funny as a result of his transformation.  I guess if Bill Cosby was starting off his career now he would be kicked off the stage for being boring. Well we still have Chris Rock. he will keep on doing his thing uncensored.  
Expressive Language in this Social Media World is a minefield, you take a step and get blown to pieces, put yourself back together again and stupidly take another step. I guess thats human nature, it hurts so much to be the one that is different.  We'd all rather blow-up the World with profanity than be different. I think if everyone carried a sign showing their attitude, We would find instant best friends. Two people who understood each other without having to say a word.
Two people can be perfect for each other but if the timing's wrong it's never going to work out. Bad timing is the reason that most normal people end up alone. Weirdos and creeps are single cause they are weird and creepy but normal people are single because of bad timing or bad attitudes (following their peeps lead.) They follow the trend of the day, we all have friends that we try to impress with the same language they use...... After thinking about this....... you might want to chill and take a break from the expletives OR you can click on the Comedian's Names above and have a good laugh..... They will remind you that they get paid to use profanity on stage and in movies.


 

















http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-HATE-WHEN-PEOPLE-USE-BAD-LANGUAGE/215244149975

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten