1/15/2013

Are you guilty of "Dumb-mazing"

 I create this new word (dumb-<A>mazing) for those who insist that they can keep doing the same things and get different results. Example while sitting at the edge of the bed after sex, a young woman says to her lover "but you said, you were getting a divorce from your wife, each time we slept together. Why can't you spend the night with me this time?"
Let just face really here this is a new year many folks start the new year with some New Years resolutions,  but why are some females settling for being someones freaky side-show. Instead of  looking for a good man and have a real relationship?
I found this quote someone I respect I thought was  fitting to make my point: 
"Don't ignore your instincts in 2013 and never lower your standards! Your motto should be, Come correct, and stop yapping about what you're going to do....Show Me!" - Michael Baisden

More and more I'm convinced that people in their 30s, 40s and even early 50s have their heads in the sand, when it comes to whether their relationships —are going to survive. Hell I was like that too, and found out that relationships are subject to change just like everything else in life.
 I echo this because my situation, even though I was a mature man when my marriage ended. Everything else was pretty much the same as Micheal Baisden statement below:
Maybe you should test your relationship stability,  while standing up to your neck in a pool of water and see if you are on solid ground as couple.
 
"I was married once, and I would have to say it was successful, fun, and exciting for the first 20 years, until…we tried to be married like everyone else was married. Yes, I was mature back then and still didn’t have the communication skills to have a successful marriage. But the other issue was that my wife and I didn’t know how to customize our marriage to work for us! My advice to those who are serious about committing for the long term is to avoid modeling your relationship and marriage after your parents, friends, or what you see on TV. Take the lessons from their examples but set your own standards and boundaries… and then tell everyone else to mind their own damned business! One of the biggest mistakes couples make is allowing outsiders to influence how they conduct their relationship.Stop trying to have a normal relationship when you are clearly NOT normal! Dare to be different and have a unique relationship that works for you!

So having said all that, ask yourself the following:
 'Do you really know enough about each other to make it last.' 

 
"Without compatibility no amount of love can make you sexually or intellectually compatible. Nor will love magically alter who you really are. Love yourself and your partner enough to ask important questions before you get married or create a life together, "Do we want the same things? Do we have the same values? Do we have compatible temperaments? And is this person someone I can grow with and be myself?"
~ Michael Baisden
 Allow me to end this post with a little joke: pool boy math!




A professor of mathematics sent a text msg to his wife. It read:
"Dear wife, You must realize that you are 54
years old and I have certain needs which you are no longer able to satisfy. I am otherwise happy with you as a wife, and I sincerely hope you will not be hurt or offended to learn that by the time you receive this letter, I will be at the Grand Hotel with my 18-year-old teaching assistant. I'll be home before midnight. - Your Husband" When he arrived at the hotel, there was a faxed letter waiting for him that read as follows: "Dear Husband. You too are 54 years old, and by the time you receive this, I will be at the Breakwater Hotel with the 18-year-old pool boy. Being the brilliant mathematician that you are, you can easily appreciate the fact that 18 goes into 54 a lot more times than 54 goes into 18. Don't wait up. two can play the same game"


"Whereof one should not speak, thereon one must remain silent." I thought that quote was the rule I should follow. When I Speak my mind it's because I believe I have something worth saying. "Speech is civilization itself. The word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact—it is silence which isolates." I will let this blog  do the talking on subjects I have some passion for!  
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten