4/20/2013

Who matters most to you, says the most about you!

Michael Baisden : “Checking In”

Not every relationship is meant to last forever. I realize that’s hard to accept but it’s true. The difficult part is accepting when that time is. We all know in our hearts when it’s over but we just can’t seem to pull the trigger!

Some people have a difficult time with letting go. Often times staying in a relationship years after the passion has died, even when there are no ties to children or finances. Even couples with children would rather separate amicably and work out visitation rather than spend another day in a boring or argumentative relationship. Sometimes you simply fall out of love.

But why does falling out of love always seem to creep up on us? Why do we never see it coming? The answer, I think, is that we don’t “Check In”. What I mean is, we allow too much time to pass without taking inventory of our relationship.

I mean, think about it, how often do we ask ourselves, “Does my partner feel appreciated? Am I supporting his or her dreams? Are we growing together or are we growing apart? Am I investing enough time into my relationship or marriage? Does my partner need more space? And what can I do to spice things up inside the bedroom?” Those are the questions we should ask every month, if not every day!

People don’t ask these critical questions because they are either too busy or they take each other for granted, either way the relationship is screwed! By the time most of us get around to “Checking In”, it’s too late!


So, tonight, this is what I want you to do, after dinner when the children are asleep, turn off the TV, the computer, and your cell phones and “Check In”. Ask your partner all the questions above and throw in a few of your own. And most importantly, don’t be afraid of the answers.

If you’re truly in love and committed to working through anything than have the courage to find out how your partner is doing. And for those who are hesitant, ask yourself, “Do I want to be in a healthy relationship that grows or do I just want to be in a relationship?” It’s your call!



I repeat the caption: "Who matters most to you, says the most about you!" 

We live in a World where "Love" is a four letter word to some people. Falling In and Out of Love is a very  common thing , you can make changes as easy as changing  your socks. 
Ask yourself these simple Questions: 
  • "Was I ever in-love with this person?"
  •  "Did I just loved what they did for me?" 
  • "What would life have been like if they never stepped into my life?"
  •  "Was it real love or was it just love of convenience?" 
  • last but not least "Did this person bring real value to my live, not just material things but real 'Added Value'?"
If  you  can answer these questions honestly and feel good about your answers, then you are in that place where moving forward becomes simple.
Don't get caught-up in the Hallmark versions of 'falling in Love', or the clinical analysis of what you should be feeling. No two people are exactly the same, therefore your feels can't be the same as the author of a poem, or musical lyrics or even Biblical passages. They can't write about you, only you can write and express things about you and how you feel.
Let me add an new-caption.... " What matters most to you, says the most about you!"

The secret to a happy life is to find 'one' that don't look the same!


 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten