7/10/2013

A mistake in identity can payoff big time, if you just Step out of your comfort zone!

If you are stepping out  on a limb, don't hesitate.. for example: a third of succesfull relationships begin online, much better odds than meeting someone in a club, a mall,  at church,or an introduction by a friend these have  greater failure rates. Could it be that dealing through a software that is using a database to connect people who have common interest,  same desires are  compatible and simulate dreams.. can you hook you up?

When I was younger I thought that the magic was in the first encounter, we would meet and the magic would start. magically. She would see instantly that I was a good guy  who had a promising future. I was after all a University graduate and had a promising career in my choosen field of computer science.... Now that I spend more time re-inventing myself over the past few years, pursueing  a new dream I should have pursued,  20 years ago, I'm less sure about who I meet these days.... I'm No longer in that age-group, where I standout in a crowd (maybe I do as the grey temples dude at the bar, looking like I don't belong). I see things differently now, my maturity may impress someone far more than my so called good looks  that I thought I once had. I keep hearing "you still look good." LOL. the word "Still" gets me everytime.
The other day I sent an e-card to female for her Bday. I've known her  for years we had eyes for each other at one point in time, but we were both married. I got to know her ex-husband and that killed the posibililties of us hooking up. They got divorce before  I did, but the magic had stalled. She is still available but is less confident that her looks could attackt "the right man" anymore. While I'm less willing to try and turn back the clock, I most admit she still has a smile that warm my heart. We will always be friends but the posibility of romance has faded. She has not changed much and she claims "I still look good." At her age (50) I know she needs glasses. I sent her some chocolate covered strawberries when I got back home. Just because she made me feel good! by saying: ÿou STILL look good!
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries Box

On another note. I make friends"much  easier these days than I did 20 years ago. Women see me as a respectable older gentlman who treats them with respect and is not hitting on them right away.

Another example:
One day, while walking my son's dog, a verý attractive younger woman was walking hers and we  stopped and started talking about the dogs and she took my business card with great interest.  More interest in what I was doing than who I was. she invited me to come to her gym. She promoised to put me on her "to do list" and send me an email so we could stay in touch. Two days later she was driving by my sons house  and my eldest son was walking the same dog. She drove up to him and lowered the window she thought my son  was me because of the dog.  She  said to him " I told you we would see each other again"... he was stunned because they had never spoken before. She did not have her contact lenses in and she thought because of his hight and build that he was me. That was a great compliment to me, and an even greater insult to my son. He said "Dad she thought I was you." I, LOL. because he felt dissed!. You see he is at that stage in his life where he believes women are attracted to him because of his looks. so being mistaken for his Dad was not that wonderful of a ego booster. I hope he gets over it soon. I would hate  to think he would loose his confidence over something silly like that.
I'm still smirking!
I sent her an edible Arrangement, because she is into fitness. Just for making a 25 year mistake in  indentity.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten