9/25/2017

Its elementary my friend! Living life is about learning.



j

In the first five years alone we learn to walk, talk, eat, and interact with playmates, parent and family. From five to ten we learned to read,write and do arithmetic. We also learned more about friends, relatives ,supporters, and detractors. Most people continue to learn until the age of fifteen or twenty+.Then the growth slows, or in some cases stops. Most people then declare their formal education over. Some actual feel they have nothing else to learn.which means they have a lot to learn.

An African proverb offers excellent advice: "He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool--- shun him. He who knows not, and knows that he knows not, is a child----- teach him. He who knows not, and knows not that he knows, is asleep---- wake him. He who knows not, and knows that he knows, is wise---- follow him."

Baby on board!
In speaking to a young pregnant woman after the huricanes Irma and Maria... I asked her what was she going to do after her baby is born? What was her baby-daddy doing to secure a home for them... Since her dwelling was destroyed in the storms. Her response was "He is a fool, who does not have a clue...what parenting is all about" hmmm? There aren't really enough crutches in the world for all the lame excuses.
She saw me spending most of my day  hours trying to clean up after the storms from across the street and asked me what do I do when Im not outside cutting up fallen trees for removal..etc. My response to her was I Read and  design computer applications for major corporate clients, and as a hobby I write a  blog and sometimes study to keep up with changing technology. I take online classes...etc
Her reaction was ....Why?  You are past your school years Age. Why go through studying at this stage in your life... What's left for you to learn and what are going to do with all of that knowledge...? My response I will share it with those who want to learn from what I have learned and experienced over the years! Once again She cameback at me with can you teach my baby daddy to to be a real man... Like you! Wow ?
So What constitutes a real man? I asked. She Looked me dead in my eyes and said you look like you were a good dad... You have two grown sons you talk about with pride all the time... I heard you talking to my younger brother about how to control his anger.. And you also told my other brother that he has  talent.. He should try and market himself. OK I had to admit that I had no idea anyone else was listening when I was talking to her brothers..She said: 'my mom and I were listening in the kitchen when you were on the porch talking. About everything...your experiences etc. All the guys ( her brothers friends) were listening to you and would ask questions...you seem to have so many answers that should make them think about where their lives were headed. Right now all they do is smoke up their heads and drink every night waiting for the curfew to be lifted so they could go and do the same things in other places... Instead of being forced to be  here at their parents house with family and neighbors instead. Eing on the street messing up... R srewing up someones daughters life....at that point I shared my African proverb with her and she said I need to give this to my baby-dady...he needs to grow up----and be a real man and help me raise our baby! At that point I said: 'be gentle and explain it dont dictated to him, he might listen if you are not mandating wha he should do...'
"Life is about making choices.. Dont be a know-it-all. No one knows less than the person who knows it all""
Step up to the tasks ahead.. By taking in the information as the first step to growth and development. You see, some people think they have all the answers. Education is a lifelong process and should end only when you do. Every day is commencement  day because education is cumulative!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten