9/25/2017

She was validated for her looks...but he was not!


The early 20th vs the early 21st century possible romances connections my point of view.
An old story---A man and woman had been corresponding by mail for several months  before they kind-a fell in
love. They agreed to meet at the airport. Since they had never seen each other, they devised a plan that would help them recognize each other. The woman was to wear a green scarf, a green hat, and a green carnation pinned to her coat. When the man got off his plane, he immediately began searching for his pen gal. Suddenly, he saw a woman with a green sarf, hat, and carnation, his heart sank. She was one of the homeliest women he had ever seen. He was tempted to board the plane witout approaching her. Never-the-less he walked over to the woman, smiled and introduced himself. Immediately the woman said, "what's this all about? I dont know who you are. That woman over there... Should expain," she continued, "she gave me ten dollars to wear this outfit."
When the man looked over to where she pointed,he saw one of the most beautiful women he had ever seen in his life. He sighed and approached her, the pretty woman explained, "all my life men have approached me because of my beauty. I want someone to "love me" not for my outward   appearances but for what I am on the inside."
Now lets roll forward to the 21st century.
These days social media lets us see the pics folks want us to validate before contact is made. The things that made me think about writing this blog...was before and after hurricanes Irma, Jose and Maria. I found myself  communicating with mainly a new FB genuine friend who seemed to very much care about my safety and well being... Other than my sons and mainy family members in the USA and Europe not many others seemed to  very much care.... Needless to say I know what she looks like.... And Visa Versa. So validation of looks will not be an issue.... In our case  She has read a few of my post before the huricane... And seemed to liked them... She has even read my latest  blogs so now she know how my mind works, I even had the pleasure of meeting her mom, prior to the storms...who is a delightful lady I saw where her daughter got her looks and caring demena from.. These are the things...That are possible with so much less guess work these days....however with all these wonderful tools that allow people to connect, disconnect and reconnect...a few sets of 20th century issues still remain viable in the 21st Century.
The story points out that its the woman who is the one who was validated because of her looks.. No where did it mention anything about the man's looks, his height his weight or anything about him,that would make the woman of today reject him or favor him. Now my B.A.D. analyis would ask why was he writing to someone he did not know or had no idea who she was... Was he in jail?  At war? on a oil-rigg? Where was he? Ok so he hopped on a plane after he felt something was attracting him to her physically.
Now the women of the 21st Century have many more options... They can pick and choose---- instead of waitng to be chosen..
Many ladies these days have better education than even many men, women are moving up---- all the way up to the glass ceiling...where a few men still have the advantages to look down and see them coming and validate them on their looks. So power of choice is still not transfered to women ---- maybe just to a select few woman.. These woman are known as Alpha females.... They scare the mess out of the average male, they compete with Alpha menand sometimes win... But their window to dominate is still very small.... Yeah, you might still think.... but they can use their looks to impress and advance Upward...
Just for one second....Picture the woman who can say this: "I am in complete control. My thoughts are in accord with my desires. I can overcome any difficulty. Come what may, I know: I am a living magnet. I attract the circumstances that I desire!"
                             Maybe after 2020!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten