12/28/2019

I love women who read.


Fellahs! A woman who reads is like a jewel in a Tiffany box.
Once you engage her in a discussion you will be totally amazed at what a treasure you have just discovered. A woman who spends time reading is the type of women you can have a conversation with, for 2+ hours at a time. But you better be smart also!
Are those dimples I see, when you smile with me ?
OK do you have a minute to chat ?

Ask not for the title of the book she holds, Ask if she would share some of the knowledge
she has gained from what she has read, with you. OK, I kinda like how that makes me sound like I have something that I can contribute to the conversation. But I want to start by listening.
My favorite  University Professor once told my classmates and I.
If you think you are the smartest person in the room then you are in the wrong room!”
I never forgot that statement he was not only my Systems Analyst professor,
but also a Wall Street executive that I became friends with as I also worked on  Wall Street.
He only taught evening classes at NYIT, so he had real business experience and knowledge to
share with us. We would often ride the train together uptown for 6 pm class start time. I digress.
If I learned anything from Dr. Pope it was that he listen and engage
smart people in conversation as often as he could.
Those days taught me this very valuable lesson. " never become too
comfortable in Happiness that you forget the struggles, remember that happiness
became an "option" as a result of a need for better options!
"love is just a myth for hopeless dreamers".
 Hmm very interesting statement!

Final thoughts
Now is the time for women to unapologetically own these qualities regardless of where they are in their careers, the industry they work in or who they deal with. Sectors like supply chains and logistics are still very male dominated and draconian in their ways. Deals are made in bars, on the golf course and around the braai, with women still fighting hard for a place at the good old boys’ table.
I believe that while there are incredibly strong, dynamic and powerful women calling the shots in the logistics industry, this number is not high enough and the journey is still pursued with unnecessary patriarchal obstacles and challenges. At every supply chain conference that I have attended, the number of men far outnumbers the presence of women and that is an indication that there is still a need to create greater participation.
It is my hope that influential women in the logistics industry today, will make it a strategic priority to address equality challenges in their organizations and will encourage women at all levels to aim for a place at the table and to feel free and proud to claim who they are fully. What’s needed going forward is less judgment around what’s male or female and more interest in how these qualities can work together to create synergistic partnerships that drive the World  and transform potential.






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten