9/21/2011

So..... Who is the Life of the Party?

Amazingly its always the same type of Person. 
- If you are at a gathering with friends, everyone is waiting until the "Life of the Party" steps in. 
- If you are at a club and the dance floor is empty, the "Life of the Party" grabs someone and opens the floor, or even dance by themselves until someone joins them. 
So who is "the Life of the Social Media circle?"
Its the same person. The conversation does not get going until this person adds their post. They may start the conversation or they will join in the middle or maybe the end, but everyone reads their comments, reacts to their conversation. People always agree or disagree with their post. Someone always hits the like button. 
Have you ever asked yourself. Why is that? Simple, they have that "IT factor." That unique quality that makes everyone look up and take notice. So what's that "IT factor?"   Its a gift, a persona, the ability to draw people to you. Some politicians have IT, some preachers have IT, some Lecturers have IT and definitely Party starters have IT.
By the way IT means Impress Them.
You know who  you  are.... You are the person that can be a Shock Jock, a TV personality. You can say the most outrageous things and get people to STOP on the Freeway and start LOL and can't stop, or react by saying "I don't believe they said that. Only they can say that and get away with IT." If someone could bottle that and sell "IT," people would invest big times and it would sell like "hot Kisses".  This isn't something that can be sold off the shelves, however!     Here is my simple observation.   I'm not an expert, but I've had friends like this all my life..... Maybe I bring out the best in them as a sharp contrast to me...... You think?   I knew them in high school, College, the Corporate World, Social friends and Sport teammates, I'm even blessed with two sons that have those same qualities. Even though they are as different as night and day.  They make friends by just walking into the room. One is the type that is very direct he tells you whatever comes to his mind and people never get insulted, on the contrary they become instant friends with him. My other son is smooth, he is a charmer, gets people to react to him without hardly any effort. So you would think, it must be in the genes.   If it is, then "IT" skipped a generation. I'm not likable like that...... People usually wonder about me at first glance. I have a poker face most of the time, I use to call it my NY look. When you get to know me you realize I'm an okay kind of guy. The first comments my friends make to others about me is: "he's not that B.A.D, he can be nice, sometimes."   
Very seldom do people form that < he is cool > opinion about me, right away.  Why is that?  Simple, I don't have that "IT quality."   So how did my sons get "IT," their mother? Nah, she doesn't have that "IT quality" either..... she might tell you different.   I have to believe, that the laws of nature worked well in this combo shake. Two People, who lacked "IT," got together and created "IT quality" sons. There is a God!
Thanks to the Social Media World which gives people without those "IT qualities" a chance to join in on the conversation. They get to voice their opinions and come off as someone with a good sense of humor, intelligence, street smarts and may even cause a positive reaction to their post. You know who you are. You're the person that keeps checking to see if someone hit the like button

Don't worry folks, even if you are not the life of the party.... this quote applies to you too:
"People are like stained-glass windows.  They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within."

So if you weren't blessed with  "IT" don't worry, You are in the majority. 
Just be the best You can be, people may still like you in spite of your lack of  that special "IT quality."

Warning to fellahs: approach the Cougar with the "IT factor" with CAUTION. 
  

If she's single, you have to compete with the whole world, if she's taken, you only have to compete with one "Papi".

You might want to read some of my other blogs:

So....You've made a Social Network connection! Is it now time for a First Face to Face?




   

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten