10/31/2012

Women who are " Married in public, but Single at home ."

"The Single-Married Woman…… She Does Exist." Yeah, it’s an oxymoron, however we all know folks dealing with this status.
While growing up I had a hero, someone  other than my Dad. He was a close family friend. This gentleman treated me like his son, maybe because he only had daughters. He was a dedicated father and husband that  was at home every night, Never drank Alcohol with the fellas, never gambled, never did anything that would make you think he was living a double life. But the signs were all there but no one saw them. I sure didn't. His wife  was the great Pretender, as I later found out, so was her husband. He had a routine that never made anyone question his behavior. He was home by 4pm every day of the week from work. Had his dinner by 7pm and went to bed by 8pm, in a separate bedroom. Here was that one thing that would make anyone think. He got  up at 3am and went  to work everyday including Saturdays. His wife had her own life , her own profession (made her own money). But something was missing in this marriage, they did not sleep together, because  Mr. Perfect had another family, he was leaving one home at 3am and going to his other family.
 As a man who ran his own business he set his hours to fit his lifestyle
How did I unravel the story, as a teenager. Being a player at a young age. LOL. I would walk girls home after school carrying their books and talking up a storm. This one afternoon as I was walking this new girlfriend home. I got busted by, you guess it, Mr. Perfect. He was coming out of  an area that just did not make sense to me that he would be in that neighborhood. He looked at me and my heart skipped a beat. he never said anything to me, Not "what are you doing in this area," not "aren't you far away from home," not  "what are you doing talking to this girl." Nothing!
I thought I would hear it from my mother when I got home. because I was later than normal,  I hesitated going home right away.  But is was our secret. Mr. Perfect was the one who got busted. And he knew it. So making an issue would have exposed his double life to others.
I found out years later that he father at least one more daughter who blessed him with a grandson, who grew-up and became a doctor. Just in time to tend to his dying Grand father. 
So I saw first hand that someone close to my family was "Married in public and Single at home."  I always thought that they slept in separate bedroom because he snored really loud. But that wasn't it. His wife would keep up the pretense just as long as he came home every night and no one would see that she was "The Single-Married Woman"
Many couples these days have so many different stories,   check out this Trailer.    


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten