8/28/2013

Happily Single.... or is Something missing?

There is a whole lot to love about the single Life I now lead. I've  been living  in the Caribbean...for the last 8+ years since my divorce. I live in a house on the hill, I have access to many beaches, 37 choices on both sides of SXM and I can hop on a ferry and be in Anguilla in 14 minutes or St. Baths in 30 mins. So what's there to complain about. Life in this North Eastern Caribbean is almost perfect for a guy like me. Who got tire of the hassle and stress of the big cities. You see I use to live in places like N.Y., Chicago,  Miami and other areas of Florida,   and was married but now I can pretty much do whatever I want without having to worry about how my actions affect someone else. I have friends all over the Western World (USA, Caribbean, South America) and even some in Europe which provides a lot in a  ways of options, even planonic love. But as I get slightly older and most of my friends are couples, I can't help but remember the days when I was happily married. It seems like every  time I log onto Facebook my feed is blowning up with  folks coupling off. I'm not jealous but I've start wondering is it in cards for me to settle down again. I want to travel some more and share quality time (with someone special.) I use to do this all the time in the past. I like my freedom, so does that mean I'm destined to be alone from here  on.. to the end. I know many folks who are also struggling with these thoughts. They don't want to have to give up so much of themselves or sacrifice the things they want to do in order to have someone in their lives. Having a girl-friend or some other friends,  who I date on ocassion right now is  practical for my life, but I still want more of..the things couples have because I know....... what more feels like.  Yes, I want to have my cake and eat it too.... what's the point of having a cake if you can't eat it? As content as I am with my life I recognize how blessed I am for being able to  do the things I do, and experienced the things I have, I wonder if the grass really is greener on the other side?   
 A simple example of wanting to upgrade my back patio to look like the pic... is where my mind start going around in circles. You see I work best when   I'm doing things for someone special, doing what she likes, which gives me the most pleasure, because I'm making someone else happy. I would enjoy this if it is is just for me, but having someone go " Oooh and Aah" about my  new deck with a spa and an area to chill is the ultimate! sharing is much better, than not! I'm once again at that stage. Where I've let go of the past. You see when you let go, you are no longer forcing things to happen (pushing,) you relax into a state of allowing (receiving.)  You may want ot read my other post on Allowing and Receiving

The views are Oooh so much better when you are spending quality time with someone special.
Sometimes I sit under a tree in my yard with a view of the city and the harbour and read  books on my tablet. Which is cool, but when someone is there with me and we engage in conversation.... I   feel more alive than just having the two doberman dogs come up and lick my toes.
So what am I ready for... and I guess many folk out there living the Single (but not really happy life.)
I'm ready for change. Which is now a welcome change and I can let my restistance down, because now I'm breaking with old attachments..  

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten