2/17/2015

‘Leting go' from the Male perspective is just different:

AND now for the BAD version of the male perspective on 'Letting Go'
If I can not  fix it, I will seal it up and leave it alone! 

Using a sledge hammer to create a secret place!

Often in relationships men invest what they can (not always what women want or need.) Men give what they think is the standard things, but often try not to get too emotionally attached. It goes back to our childhoods (boys don’t cry, "be a man and stop that whining") so when we grow-up we have a hard time becoming too  attached to the person seeking that emotional attachment. Not that we don’t love the woman we are with. But men have compartments in our brains, me make sure that we open them carefully and close them carefully. I  told the woman in my life that”I will always LOVE you” . Which is the truth if I have shared something special with her. That is the compartment that I open and closed carefully locking up that feeling, the memories and the attachments are in that compartment (sealed). So when the relationship  ends the compartment remain sealed that way. Unless I have a good reason to re-open it. I told one of my  Loves of a period in my life not too long ago. Those magical words “ I will always Love you” her  response was “ you have a strange way of showing it” there you have it .
 Women want to be shown that you love them. Let’s face it we talk about matters of a heart and women want to feel that pump in your chest beating faster when you hold them... But we men live in our compartments in our heads. The Heart is a pump that does not feel  emotions...... this is how we roll. Feeling are not produced below the neck, but above the neck in our heads. Loving someone is about what we are willing to do for them or not. If we don’t think we are going to go the distance with a women we ‘Love’  we are willing to ‘Let her  go. ‘ Since we are dealing with that compartment we can now seal it and walk a ways. This does not mean we don’t care, it means that we change our focus to another situation.... Not necessarily someone else but another focus. I believe that women who "can’t let go," want to keep that special feeling going. Whereas we men want to seal it in that compartment and leave it alone....
Mind you , I’m not talking about us not caring about the person. Example: I had a situation where a Lady I Loved had a situation where her new place of residence was broken into and stuff was stolen. I open that sealed compartment and wanted to reach out and show that I still cared. Because that is what men are about, we are protector, fixers. We want to help and fix it.  She did not want my help so I sealed the compartment again and left her  alone.  We all want what we want. Holding on is something I’m very good at,  let's face it I was married for 25 years to one woman, the  mother of my two sons... The Love for my sons are a direct result of how much I loved their mother.  I still remember when each of my sons were conceived, special romantic moments..... the end results 7 and 9 months later was their births. My oldest was a premature baby  (7 months) my second was carefully planned so, he stayed in the oven longer My wife had an issue with not wanting go through the same type of pregnancy like she had the first time. So We waited, at her request 5 plus years later we decided to have another child... and our second son was born 9 months later. 
When she delivered my second son we sealed the deal and decided not to have anymore kids.
That compartment  in my brain was sealed when we got divorced..... I left the  City/the county /State/ Country...
 the place that was home for many years and moved on......and flew 1,300 miles to a new home 'I let go and did not try to hold on!'.......


 now I can sit in the water and feel the breeze in my face and reflect when I feel like it. Open a  compartment now and then and close each one  right after. PEACE is good!.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten