9/17/2019

Let's get back to treating women like "Ladies"

I was inspired by the lyrics of and Old Temptations song. In my eyes you are "Perfect."

These following lyrics of an Old Temptations song.
Now  I'm the kinda guy who don't believe
That chivalry is dead, no, no
'Cause I believe a woman should be treated
With the utmost respect, mmm-hmm

Don't be afraid, don't turn and walk away
I wanna get to know ya, well
Don't be ashamed, don't say that love's to blame
Just come and look me over

(You'll find a heart)
You'll find a heart that you've always been lookin' for
How could anybody ask for much more, woo-hoo

Now I like opening doors
Pickin' up [Yeah] her hanky (Yeah) off the floor
Treat her like a lady (Treat her like lady)
Light her cigarette if she smokes
Even (Help her with her coat), well
Treat her like a lady (Treat her like lady)

In this world of liberation
It's so easy to forget, mmm
That it's so nice to have a man around
To lend a helping hand, you can bet, bet you can, baby

When I was young, my mama used to say, Boy
A woman's like a flower, with love on her you shower
Ever since that day, her words never went away
I always will remember to treat my baby tender

(You'll find a heart)
You'll find a heart that you've always been lookin' for
How could anybody ask for much more, whoa-ooh-ooh

Now I like opening doors
Pickin' up (Yeah) her hanky (Yeah) off the floor
Treat her like a lady (Treat her like lady)
She's a bad son-of-a-gun
I'm her lovin' Don Juan
Treat her like a lady (Treat her like lady)

Ooh-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo-ooh-
Whoa-oh-oh-
Hey-hey-
Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-baby
Every day, every way


Now these lyrics would make a man stop and think that his first duty is to treat a woman, even if she not his woman, with respect and kindness. Yeah I can hear fellahs thinking  “ does she deserve to be treated the way the song lyrics describes?”
Women want, at least they used to want a gentleman in their lives.... To be a lovers that a woman feels safe and secure with.  The level of violence against women has been getting worst. In lots of instances women are becoming  more and more afraid. As I sat and read another blog in Madamenoire.com “Black Women Can No Longer Afford To Save Broken Black Men
I was not shocked but a bit saddened by what I was reading. 
But yet this is not universal  because there are men who are still treating women “Right.”





What caught my attention is that Johnny Gill ( Mr. "Put your red dress on") now is getting grey, his beard is grey. So he is no longer in the age group that is doing the damage to women and men connections. He is singing about queens being "Perfect."


Final Thoughts

If we don’t find ways to make young, and even, not so young   women feel like they can be in healthy relations with men of today, then we will find ourselves heading towards  a cliff and the world will not have to worry about “climate change” because the climate between men and women has already changed.  

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten