1/10/2014

Spanish is such a Romantic Language...

I took the time to read two poems. Since I read and understand Spanish, I translated them to make my point that no wonder the Latino culture is making the USA more romantic......  


Defining Love
Is burning ice is frozen fire,
its a wound that hurts and does not feel,
It is a good dream, a bad present,
It is a brief break so tired.

It's an oversight that we have carefully
called a coward..... brave,
a solitary walk among the people,
one loves only to be loved.


It is an imprisoned freedom
paroxysm lasting until last;
growing disease if cured.

This is the love child, this is your abyss:
friendship which will look anything
which is all the opposite of itself.
the Spanish version:

 
Definiendo el Amor
Es hielo abrasador, es fuego helado,
es herida que duele y no se siente,
es un soñado bien, un mal presente,
es un breve descanso muy cansado.
Es un descuido que nos ha cuidado,
un cobarde con nombre de valiente,
un andar solitario entre la gente,
un amar solamente ser amado.
Es una libertad encarcelada,
que dura hasta el postrero parasismo,
enfermedad que crece si es curada.
Esta es el niño Amor, éste es tu abismo:
mirad cual amistad tendrá con nada
el que en todo es contrario de sí mismo.

 This is the other poem. 

Do not ask me if I love you,
because that question offends me,
if you could put coin on coin
to make a tower of all the "I'm sorry,"
believe me it will reach  heaven.


I love you woman
I love your story,
Love your life,
your love and peace,
I like to see you even sneeze I will make a
habit of touching your hair,

your nervousness when I kiss your neck.
While you're away,
I'm in here growing and growing
It sometimes scares me to think
where I'm going to put so much love,
when It no longer fits in my chest.

No matter if you move to another galaxy,
you're always here,
and needless to say I live in a world within you.
Here you go for now...,
Any more questions ?
 
the Spanish version:


No me preguntes si te amo,
porque esa pregunta me ofende,
si pudiera colocar moneda sobre moneda
para hacer una torre de todo lo que siento,
créeme llegaría hasta el cielo.

Te amo mujer,
amo tu historia,
amo tu vida,
y amo tu paz,
inclusive me gusta verte estornudar,
tu manía de tocarte el cabello,
tu nerviosismo cuando beso tu cuello.

A pesar de que estés lejos,
lo que siento aquí dentro crece y crece,
que a veces me asusta el pensar
donde voy a poner tanto amor,
cuando ya no me quepa en el pecho.

No importa que te mudes a otra galaxia,
tu siempre estas aquí,
y sobra decir que yo vivo en un mundo dentro de ti.
Porque por más lejos que estés,
por más preguntas que hagas,

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten