5/29/2012

REASONS why getting Married will improve your life conditions

Speaking as a guy, which I often do, I know what men are like. When it comes to romantic relationships, we show about as much enthusiasm as my teenage son did when I ask him to clean his room.
So I get it. We’re emotionally crippled when it comes to forming lasting attachments with women, ready to tell our dogs in public how much we love them but finding any word other than the L one when it’s time to discuss the subject with wives or girlfriends. As I try to learn how to date again, however, I’m starting to have my doubts about these time-honored stereotypes—at least as far as I’m concerned.
Here’s the thing. I’ve gone out a fair amount in these Seven years since my divorce. And out of all those coffee-meets and quiet dinners, there have been a handful of times when a first date led to a second and third. At a certain point with the aforementioned group of women I’d made it to a third date with, I felt like we could legally be considered “an item” if not yet “a couple.” But the more I wanted to abandon all manly principles and settle into dating just one person, the more I found that women had in fact become The New Men and preferred to keep their options open.
It must be because I'm no longer that stud of a catch I was 10-15 years ago.


It was hard not to take all of this personally. I like to think that as a date, I was kind, funny, respectful, smart and at least somewhat attractive. So either I wasn’t quite as irresistible as I thought, or I need to stop taking dating quite so seriously. Or both. Whatever the case, I clearly made mistakes. By being manly and not leaping into love real fast, I ruined what could have been some really great friendships with some really amazing women.I wish I could appreciate the fact that this is a process. Not only does everyone want to have a little long-delayed fun when dating in their post-divorce life, they also want to be cautious about choosing who might become something more than a series of dinner dates. And it wouldn’t hurt me to simply enjoy dinner dates for what they are rather than always insisting they have to lead to something else. That's it, I get it now from fun dinner companion to friend with benefits to soul-mates. That's the order. not the other way around like it was when I got married the first time, women made you their soul-mates first then you were friend with benefits and after marriage you were dinner companions with a little fun now and then... I used to think that this was the shallow guy’s point of view but frankly, given my recent dating history, I can see that I was wrong. Taking time to just go out with many people and enjoy whatever experience they might provide.. I SO wish I had gotten my pilots license after taking lessons a few years ago, to be able to fly to other places like my cousin does who I just flew with in his 2 engine to Nevis and back. This expands your options, meeting new Ladies from other places could be the answer to find 'the one'.

If variety is the spice of life, you should explore your options in a variety of places. Meeting new and exciting people is only possible if you are mobile. Landing gear up and head for a destination that you know will grant you new and exciting options. Man, do pilots have it good.....
So having said all that, one might question. Why not just settle for staying single? Answer: If you want to live a longer life as a man you have a better chance if you are married. the following might explain why I believe this to to be true.
As a man you're susceptible to vice, if you find a wife, she'll save you from yourself—and improve your life—in a variety of ways. Notably, she'll . . .

1. Increase Your Pay
A Virginia Commonwealth University study found that married men earn 22 percent more than their similarly experienced but single colleagues.

2. Speed Up Your Next Promotion
Married men receive higher performance ratings and faster promotions than bachelors, a 2005 study of U.S. Navy officers reported.

3. Keep You Out of Trouble
According to a recent U.S. Department of Justice report, male victims of violent crime are nearly four times more likely to be single than married.

4. Satisfy You in Bed
In 2006, British researchers reviewed the sexual habits of men in 38 countries and found that in every country, married men have more sex.

5. Help You Beat Cancer
In a Norwegian study, divorced and never-married male cancer patients had 11 and 16 percent higher mortality rates, respectively, than married men.

6. Help You Live Longer
A UCLA study found that people in generally excellent health were 88 percent more likely to die over the 8-year study period if they were single.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten