5/09/2012

The Six Enemies of Greatness (and Happiness)


These six factors can erode the grandest of plans and the noblest of intentions, and the best Romances. They can turn visionaries into paper-pushers and wide-eyed dreamers into shivering, weeping balls of regret. And turn folks in relationships into folks who can't find their way to Happiness.  Beware!

 1) Availability
We often settle for what’s available, and what’s available isn’t always great. “Because it was there,” is an okay reason to climb a mountain, but not a very good reason to take a job or a free sample at the supermarket. Some of us are settling for a mundane  evenings of having sex out of obligation , instead of rocking  each other’s World. 

 2) Ignorance
If we don’t know how to make something great, we simply won’t. If we don’t know that greatness is possible, we won’t bother attempting it. All too often, we literally do not know any better than good enough. Sound like your life with that woman/  that man you choose to be with. You may not know  you could be  spicing up your    life together, giving you a feeling that your choice was the right one for picking each other. 

 3) Committees
Nothing destroys a good idea faster than a mandatory consensus. The lowest common denominator is never a high standard. Stop going to your friends for advice. Hell.... they don’t know that much themselves.






 4) Comfort
Why pursue greatness when you’ve already got 324 channels and a recliner? Pass the dip and forget about your grand desires.He isn't the hunk you wish your could be dancing with, ( but  for him) you are that once in a life time babe. Need I say more!

5) Momentum
If you’ve been doing what you’re doing for years and its not-so-great, you are in a rut. Many people refer to these ruts as careers. And have a Love  affairs with their partners need to be a good reason for getting  out of a rut.

Hate to dance? Get over it. Women often  rate the good dancers as more attractive and—believe it or not—more masculine, 


6) Passivity
There’s a difference between being agreeable and agreeing to everything. Trust the little internal voice that tells you, “this is a B.A.D idea.”  Try saying this not why I picked you to be my partner. If I wanted to have someone who  agrees with me all the time.I could have an one-way conversation. 
I know I will agree with me, So STOP going along to get along and...... help me balance out my life, this is why I picked you. 


So let's talk about stepping out of our comfort zones, and learn how to fly and soar. Sing along  if want (the lyrics are provided for that reason.) 


"I Believe I Can Fly"

I used to think that I could not go on
And life was nothing but an awful song
But now I know the meaning of true love
I'm leaning on the everlasting arms

If I can see it, then I can do it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it

[Chorus:]
I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar
I see me running through that open door
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly

See I was on the verge of breaking down
Sometimes silence can seem so loud
There are miracles in life I must achieve
But first I know it starts inside of me, oh

If I can see it, then I can be it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it

[Chorus]

Hey, cause I believe in me, oh

If I can see it, then I can be it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it

[Chorus]

Hey, if I just spread my wings
I can fly
I can fly
I can fly, hey
If I just spread my wings
I can fly
Fly-eye-eye



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten