6/06/2012

On the wings of Love is the only way to fly!


AS I was reading through some stuff, that I forgot that I had in a file, I came across this poem that made me think about a few things.


FOREVER
Infatuation at the start,
The mighty question raced through my heart.
"Is it love?" I cant decide.
That's the question I would ride...
Through the streets of ups and down,
When would I walk on stable ground?
Down the street I see a light, 
Now I'm thinking this ain't right.
I decide to follow it, 
Then I fall into a pit...
Filled with emotions over my head,
Better think fast or It'll be dead.
I find a rope to get me out, 
Now I know without a doubt.
I run to you with lightning speed,
Knowing now it's you I need.
From that day through, 
I belong to you...
There isn't anything I wouldn't do.
To prove my love to you is true, 
I would die to be with you...Forever


Who writes poems like these anymore. Rappers rhyme but their lyrics are  filled with insulting terms. Hardly any poets around anymore... Can anyone  put a few sentences together that reach to the depths of your soul? Even 'Hallmark' does not have this kind of stuff anymore. Where a guy with limited skills can walk into a store and find it in a card and give it to a Lady...... and say in a confident voice. "I would like you to read this."
So what does this have to do with a private Jet charter? (this link is Regine Velasquez version of a lady saying take me on a flight of Love, a piece of SKY) This is a customized way to travel with someone you deem to be that Special someone. It is mostly symbolic these days because most folks can't afford this kind of travel. Or can't we now... we just need to find other simple ways to customize relationships so that they are unique and special..... Movies show that the writer and the director are using actors to bring what they have in their minds eye into focus so that the rest of us can see what they are thinking when they create a  movie. Poets did the same thing just a few years ago. So why aren't we customizing our approaches to how we address someone we want in our lives.... Maybe 'Forever' scares us to the point that we don't want to think that way.
Here is one more poem that struck me as being deep and to the point...


Do You Love?


It's not what you say...
It's what you don't say.
Not an ounce of excitement
Not a whisper of a thrill
All the passion of a pair of tick mice
Want you to be swept away
Levitate
sing with rapture
dance like a dervish
be deliriously happy
or at least leave yourself open to be
Love is passion
Obsession
Someone you cant live without
Fall head over heels
Find someone you can love like crazy
and will love you the same way back
How'd you find them? Well,...
You forget your head
and listen to your heart.
No sense livin your live without this
to make the journey and not fall deeply in love
You haven't lived a life at all
You have to try...
cause if you haven't tried, you haven't lived
Stay open,
Who knows...
Lightning could strike.




I guess if I read this to some 'Special Lady' today she might think I'm crazy... that is probably true because  you loose your head when you feel like these poems make you feel inside,  and if  you can recite them to someone who means 'the World to you,'   you both will be floating. you want to think Your are all the Man she ever needs.
A little Old school songs might just spark something in you, so just take a listen.




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten