3/24/2013

Ladies, you should Lean IN by leaning forward and make your case..



I often wonder can Men and Women really  just communicate as   friends/co-workers, Boss/employee.. and agree on the female advancement.
 I think we should ask the question.
 Can Women advance in a male dominated World without the help of men? Maybe Mothers can help daughters with out arterial motives...Women are still working to get  Men's approval in almost every area. A K.I.S.S on her cheek can make her day, and make her feel like she is on top of the World. I'm a guy who worked hard to impress my mother, then my aunts, my female cousins, my female boss (when I had one), my girlfriends, my wife (when I was married) and now female friends who call me BAD. They know I'm always working hard to do good things.I never worry about impressing guys, maybe that is because I could never really impress my Dad, who wanted me to be more like him, he wanted me to play baseball (which I hated) He wanted me to become an Architectural professional and build cities,I picked Computer science as a major, He never could understand that his son choose to be typist as he put it....So I did almost everything in my life to impress the women in my life, because my mother supported everything I did and what I wanted out of life.
I've known great mothers over the years... but this next example takes the cake. I heard a mother-in-law pay my good friend the greatest complement the other day. We were at a track and field  meet, his daughter was competing in, and my Buddy's  eldest daughter just ran the 4X100 she ran the second leg superbly and blew the field away  giving her team the lead,and her team mate held  on to win. His Mother- in-law  turned to my friend and said "Thank you for, sharing your great genes with my family, my grand-daughters are just the greatest because of your contribution." This almost made me stand up and applaud. "Yeah, that's what I'm talking about!"
Hey, this a mother in-law straight from Heaven. My ex-wife has the same kind of mother, I miss her very much, because  have not seen her in a long while, she often referred to me as her eldest son, not her Son-in-law, I called her "Mom," not just out of respect but because I lost my mom 3 months after her daughter and I got married to cancer, so we developed a close relationship that based on Love..
What am I trying say here. Mothers can make their daughters better partners because of how they approach their relationships with their daughter's partners. A smart woman wrote a book titled "LEAN IN." which is about the need for women to move into leadership roles.
I believe Men should read it to better understand that women of today are not the women of yesterday.
Some women are critical of the book... They are Missing the points that are most important. Here is someone who (with the support of her husband) got the job of a COO with a great Tech company. Her husband told her to not take the first offer she received but  make sure the money was the best compensation she could receive.., Ladies this a good thing. 'Stop hating,' because many of  you don't know how to demand what you want without having a Bitchy attitude. Women should lean in when they have a conversation,  on any level. Lean forward and look him or her in the eye and ask and tell them  what you want. If you do, you will show that you have confidence in your powers, harness that power to advance yourselves.

A Michael Baisden Commentary: Honesty Doesn't Necessarily Equal Integrity

If you want to live a peaceful life be honest in your relationships and have integrity... there's a difference! Honesty is telling someone the truth about who you are and what you want. Integrity is caring about how that truth impacts them.

In other words, if someone wants more out of the relationship than you are able or willing to give, you must care enough to lean IN and speak UP. Just because you told them the truth does not remove you from your responsibility to do the right thing, do the best job possible.. 

Ladies don't make us men wonder what you want.. TEll US. We can't read your minds but we can hear what you are saying, if you say it in a calm voice.. So be firm and state your case.

 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten