11/10/2017

Daddy are there other men like you out there?




How Your Relationship With Your Father Affects Who and How You Date

THE MOST AMAZING question I saw in an article.

Could your low expectations of men or your quick ability to praise them have more to do with your father than you thought?

My thoughts in response:

Believe it or not, the dynamics between you and dear old dad will always play a part in your romantic connections with men in your life – there’s just no getting around it.

Women often jokingly blame their “daddy issues” for mistakes they’ve made when dating or navigating a marriage, but the reality is, it’s serious business. Your father is your first male role model—good or bad—and that relationship often shapes how we view men.

Connecting the dots between your relationship with your father and your romantic relationships with other men can be difficult without the help of a licensed professional, but there are signs you can look out for to give you more insight into the romantic choices you’re making.

There are many ways relationships with our fathers can affect our own romantic ones.“They can cause fear of abandonment, inability to trust, low expectations of men and even feelings of insecurity or security.

If your relationship with your father resembles one of these common scenarios, allow me to offers some related signs to stay on the lookout for.

You Have An Absentee Dad

Signs to lookout for: You’re clinging on and wanting to be with him all of the time. You may have fear of abandonment or rejection, stay in unhealthy relationships or bounce from person to person because of fear of being without a man. You may also be codependent, try hard to please the men you date and could be constantly checking his phone or social media.

You Have An Emotionally Unavailable Dad

Signs to lookout for: ‘You might assume all men are the same and therefore you don't expect anything different from them. You may also assume you are unlovable or unwanted and keep distance from men to avoid getting hurt. You may act like you don't care but you do; you are just fearful.

Your Dad Is Abusive, Mean, or Not Loving

Signs to lookout for: You will more than likely pick someone the extreme opposite of your father. You could have difficulty trusting others, problems committing, an dexpect the worst so you sabotage relationships first. You may be angry with men and therefore create conflict.

You Have A Healthy Relationship and Supporting, Loving, Present Dad.


Here is my personal response as I'm a man: My dad was a great Dad, My mom often told me I was very much like him.
Since he was a very good rollmodel... I think it also made me the kind of guy a woman like my mom would be attracted to. For the record my mom was very strong no nonsense woman. Her dad was also  a great roll model as she often spoke very highly about him, as did all my aunts. So if it's in my DNA I got it from both sides .... I've hopefully  passed these genes on to my two sons. Both have respect for women... as they have great relationships with their mom. I might write a post about men and the effects their mom's have on their relationships.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten