3/27/2024

I wonder sometimes about examples

I am blessed with two wonderful sons. They both believe in the institution of "marriage" , well my eldest son got married and divorced when he was too young  the first time (21, without any children), now he has gotten married again in his Late 30s. My second son has not jumped into marriage yet. He has seen his parents divorce after 25 years of marriage. His older brother got divorced after just one year ( from his first wife ) his  current wife blessed him and us with our beautiful grandson.So we pray that this union lasts. Needless to say my second born son has stayed mistake free, by waiting. He told me that his lady( who he is living with) and him have discussed marriage but they are not rushing to get married.

So maybe the Examples (of making a few mistakes) and seeing good examples have worked....  so far, so good!

Final thoughts.
MY MARRIAGE Was not a mistake I knew we had a good thing going back then. But after 25 years we grew apart,and did not work hard enough at fixing it so we went our seperate ways. I have no regrets at this point, I do not know if she has any. We raised a family we build 2 homes,that hosted family gatherings we traveled to many destinations and enjoyed life for the most part,our sons are good men so we did not mess up when it came to them. Maybe we did set a pretty good example for them to follow. We see our grandson being raised by a very good loving mother and father, I pray that they make it as a family. I also pray that when my second son gets married he gets it right.....also.

There are times when I think back about how long my parent had to wait before my mother gave birth to Me. She was 44 yrs Old then. So I was an only son I stood next to them at the age of 5 at their 25th wedding anniversary celebration. They were loving parents. I like to think we (my ex-wife and I) became loving parents because of our parents examples.
In my case I knew they had a 40+ year marriage that ended when my mother died 3 month after I got married, my father did not remarry, he lived alone as a widower for 20 years after my mother, his only wife died. He never even considered getting another wife
Maybe I  am doing the same thing after my  divorce.Its going on 19 years. And my ex-wife has not remarry either. Maybe she is waiting to see if I remarry first, who knows, she kept my last name, that is not commonly done these days.




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten