5/28/2013

Put greater Value in what is Free in our lives!

Avoid allowing Obsessions, to become the Standard!
Finding a compatible partner would be less stressful if we understood that dating is a process of elimination...not inclusion! If a man or woman doesn’t meet your standards or share your Values, tell them, "no hard feelings", and keep it moving!

And to hell with those people who call you picky,"Be Selective!"
I WISH someone had told me this years ago. I always was very Selective, but my vision was focused on the physical key point that became  my main criteria of selecting a lifes partner. I have no regrets, because my ex and I have two wonderful sons that we are both very proud of, so we are still friendly. but as we grew older we didn't see things the same way like we did in the beginning. I love the simple things, while she seems to keep complicating her life.  
If you’re fortunate enough to find someone who loves you, understands you, and accepts you, go for it! Don’t allow the attitudes of friends and family to cause you to miss out on a good thing.
People who are happy want you to be happy regardless of the age or race of your partner. But those who are unhappy will always attempt to block your blessing. As the old saying goes, “Misery Loves Company.”
Just remember who is telling you What, about your choices... if it is always negative, take two steps backwards and look them over 3-5 times. If you see them for who they really are. You can make smartest decision as to what and who  is best  for you.
No one person or thing is perfect for you. In my professional career I always applied the 80%+20% rule. If   YOU can make it work 80% of the time you can find ways to compromise on 20%  (working on fixing the problems should be minimal of your time together.)  So hold hands and look in the same direction! If you see what the other person is seeing you can discuss it while looking at the same issues.
The problem that many folks have is that they use the word "LOVE" to quickly while  referring to wrong things. Example:
1)" I love what you do for me," instead of  "I love you for how you make me feel"
2) "The more you spend on me, the more I grow to Love you"  instead of  "The more time we spend together the more I feel Love growing"
3) " Where have you been all my life, you are the most generous person, I love what you keep giving me" instead of  "You were worth waiting for, I'm so happy we found each other, I love how your generous spirit makes my spirit  jump for joy"


If you take some time to practice self improvement techniques, you will get better at expressing yourself. If you  do it without an audience, you will only have to satisfy yourself that you have perfected the best YOU All too often people are trying to impress others too early. Putting it out there for everyone to see or sample, is premature. So wait, and let time help you. For everything that you rush to show the World, you risk making the wrong impression on too many folks. So take the time to add balance before you jump on stage. This apply also to relationships... Just think about it. For every relationship you rush into, there is always a chance that you will show the many flaws in your approach, and style. So take the time to become the best you....  
Now many might say "take me as I am, like it or leave it."
To those folks I say consider how often do you a get  a chance to make a first lasting impression to the one person you really want to be with.
" If I could have, I should have... "i.e "if I could have taken my time to get it right, I should have taken enough time to be at my best "
Many things in life are Free, while other things are very costly... can you afford what it might cost you if you rush to move too fast. Look at it as if you are rowing across the ocean.  No one in their right mind would attempt to do it unless they are prepared.  So work on your stamina first, improve your technical skills and always have a contingency plan. You don't want to bail out half way into the journey, without having a plan to get back to where you started from or reach you desire destination.
So how do you apply this to relationships.
Simple, work on showing your best attributes, work on your communication skills and focus on having a plan for the many "What if(s)?" that will come up, continuously.

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference. Having an angel to watch over you  helps. Don't ask "why?".... Just think: "what if?"
  

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten