11/12/2019

So who has heard of Tender Masculinity



Dude you are so  very different, compared to my last boyfriend. 
Tender Masculinity, the New Non-Toxic Way to Be a REAL Man.Our favorite books and movie characters exemplify tenderness as the antidote to machismo.

This is not all that new, it’s been around for  decades we were called "gentlemen." But a new term has emerged “Tender Masculinity” it just sound not so old school. Women have gone through so many different types of experiences with men… that things have come full circle. 


In an era where toxic masculinity is utterly overwhelming, and outdated, women are  desperate for a healthier and more nuanced role.
While women have mental imagery of Macho Men (buff, distant) and Nice Guys (nerdy, brooding), the characters that embody Tender Masculinity are multi-layered and come from all backgrounds, and cultures depending on how you see it.




Here is a checklist, ladies, on how to spot a Tender Masculin Man:
  • Is he invested in all of his relationships, not just romantic ones?
  • Does he express his emotions in a healthy way?
  • Is self-awareness a concept he’s comfortable with?
  • Does he commit to personal growth?
  • Are boundaries something he is aware of and respects?


  • Is he unafraid of male intimacy — for instance, can he express affection for male friends without making a gay joke?


The best thing about Tender Masculinity is that it’s not only a necessary antidote to our media portrayals of men — it’s also already here. There aren’t a lot of Tender Man characters yet, and women would love to see more, but a few books and movies are promoting this lower-swagger, higher-emotion ideal. These are the fully-realized male characters we need to celebrate and see more of.

I've never heard   of "Tender Masculinity"
Final thought
OK in my 4 generations from Grandfather, father and myself sons I can honestly say… It has been Tender Masculinity past down from generation to generation. Now my sons are  a bit different gentlemen to me, as I was different to how my father was to some degree, I would have to switch a little and state that I didn’t know my father’s father, but I did know my mother’s father. Who I was very much a big fan of, all of his daughters had standards that they looked for in men, my take away from this is  that they all knew how a “Tender Masculine” man behaved and treated women. Let’s say I don’t think this was an accident.  

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten