7/06/2023

Here is what I like most about Black women and dreadlocks these days?

Needless to say I am a black man, the caption tells my story without me having to explain too much. While growing up my Aunt and mother owned and operated a beauty salon, the first business of its kind in the neighborhood where we resided, mainly for women of color. I used to watch the pains taking process as women of all shades went through the process of straightening their hair, I always thought that they were destroying their natural hair during the process, the natural hair which our creator intended them to have. But they were all determined to go through the process, to look more beatiful in their minds in the end. I disagree with that false assumption. 

This lady has a full natural afro, she stands   out in any crowd. 


 As I grew older I started noticing that many women of color were reverting to wearing their hair braided and other  natural hairstyles. My first girlfriend in my teenage years had an afro, needless to say we were a young couple who both wore Afro hair styles. She used to braid my hair and then I would style it the next day with an afropick and pat it In a round shape. I DID not see the need to try and look like James Brown and other music stars from that era, hair all slicked back. I later started noticing that men and women started twisting their hair into locks and braids. After my Afro years I would cut my hair short, strangly that is how my mother insisted I should wear my hair all through my school years, while stating your hair says a lot about you, to people who dont know you.. Now as a grown man, a father and a grandfather I leave that hair subject alone, when it involves, women and even my sons because both my sons have gone through different phases of hairstyles. Since they are grown men now I keep my opinion about their hair images to myself. 
 
You guessed it my Afro was pretty much this size at various times.

Our afrocentric hairstyles usually compliment our faces best in my opinion.
I feel that we have earned the right to do with our hair what we want.
I am sure this sistah will not be mistaken for any other culture than the one she is displaying.


Final thought.
Say what you want about black folks style and us having creative ever changing looks. We have always been able to change our looks.  We range from real dark to almost white, and some of us can pass for white..with even born natural straight hair,  but our DNA will always reveal who we are and really who we are not.....our DNA percentages will show which genes are the most dominant. This is what makes us special, the afro genes is often the most dominant gene noticable. You can always see it in a person of an African descent.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten