9/08/2014

A Couple that works together, stays together. Most of the time!

 When there is harmony in the home, there is contentment in the community; when there contentment in the community, there is prosperity in the nation; when there is prosperity in the nation, there is peace in the World! ~ Chinese Proverb ~
Many business are  run by couples. some are One husband and wife team, who successfully established their own home-based businesses, despite the challenges that couples may face in trying this is a win win, if they can make it last.

Sure, working from home with your spouse can present some challenges as anyone can imagine. But if you want the business and marriage to both succeed, you figure out what works and what doesn't.

Not every couple is suited to work together, so consider carefully if your styles and strengths will complement each  other.
 That said, I personally know  a couple that works well together and are  highly effective and successful.
 I  personally witnessed  such a couple up close for years  (we became  friends when  our first born sons  were delivered the same night by the same doctor) . An  he  is an ex  all Pro Football NFL  Hall-of- fame former Athlete and his Lawyer wife. They run a very successful construction and real-estate business together, after a  knee injury force the husband to retire from pro football way too early. They also  just like me, have two sons . but that is where the similarities ends , they are still married and are doing great as a husband and wife  dynamic team.
 I always admired them and also envied them, a little .
I learned a few things from observing them for years. I'll summarize these strengths in these 6 tips for couples to increase the likelihood of having a successful business together:


1. Be a team. When going into business together, it is important that couples make the commitment to also be a team for their business. Being a team and being on the same page about it is crucial. This means doing things that will better the business, including avoiding petty arguments that will slow progress and growth.
2. Define your roles. Each individual will bring his or her own set of strengths to the partnership. Define roles based on what you do best and most enjoy doing. Each person should be responsible for something and be the boss of a particular area.
3. Be respectful to each other. Just as people who work together in offices outside of their marriage need to be respectful of one another, so too do couples. Give each other the same respect that would be given to co-workers in any other setting.

4. Take breaks from each other. Since there is a couple involved, not everything can be all work. It is important to break away from the duties and work and have some fun, take some breaks, and leave it all behind. Plan a lunch outing once a week where no work is discussed.
5. Use humor both in personal and business matters. When challenges do arise, it will help if they are approached with humor. There are always going to be hurdles for anyone to cross and work their way around. But using humor can make things much more bearable.

6. Consider separate offices. If possible, consider having separate  office space. This gives everyone their own space and then you  can come back together to discuss work items.
Hammer out Business and Personal details.

These lyrics are to a song I remembered the other day, it  spoke volumes as to how  we need to be victorious in our lives!

Love is so good to me

Bring back sweet memories

You have to ease my mind
Such joy, 'never knew I'd find
I will celebrate love's victory

I feel an eternity
So close as you'll always be
Tears and pain
Can't get in my way
You'll get me a brand new day
I will celebrate love's victory

I will celebrate love's victory

Love is so good to me
Bring back sweet memories
You have to ease my mind
Such joy, 'never knew I'd find
I will celebrate love's victory



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten