6/05/2019

Let’s dance together.


Translation: “Dancing does not have an age, it does not have moments,
it does not have conditions…
because you are not dancing with your feet, you dance with the heart.”



No matter your cultures when two  people can dance together they will make a connection. When two givers engage in a connection, it's like magic, it's alchemy,  I will water you, and you will water me, we never drain each other, we just grow in harmony.
Good people, bring out the good in people. And dancing brings out the best in all dancers.
While growing up in a cultural melting pot, one learns to adapt quickly. This is what really helped many of my friends and I  growing up as open minded folks. We learned from each other and our cultures overlapped. So much so that we stopped recognizing the boundaries. Boundaries are artificial  limits set by people who want to keep us apart, seperated, segregated this only works when people buy into the separation theories. And if you allow it to take hold in your communities you will find yourselves limited.
We dance with each other no matter our home cultures
I used to visit my college friend's home who was of a different culture his younger sister had  eyes for me, she laughed with me and flirted with me openly. She even asked me to dance with her as she was often playing music,  whenever I visited. Her dad didn’t like it at all. He was OK with his son and me being good friends, but when it came to his daughter he instantly did not like me. His oldest daughter had gotten pregnant for a black man. He had no choice but accept their union and their marriage. He was not going to allow that to happen twice. I saw his discomfort and limited my  one on one contact with his daughter, the mother however seemed to liked me alot and kept inviting me over for dinners, as I was single, and liked her cooking, I always accepted. My visits were always short, because the dad would make sure that his youngest daughter would have to clear the dining table and do the dishes and stay away from me. My buddy and I would hang for a little after dinner and I would leave. I never overstayed my welcome!
I found out years later that the youngest daughter never got married, and never had any children, maybe she was waiting for me to return.... I could not imagine why. She was beautiful, I’m sure her dad’s roadblock other guys had something to do with it, they lived in a mixed community, probably because of economics. The son (my college friend)  got married, but, him and his wife never had any children either, the one biracial grandson was the only grandchild they had. That surely killed their hopes for having a pure race in their family. <smirking> had the dad not blocked his daughter’s attraction to me he might have had more grandchildren. Who knows?
 
Final thoughts
The many times folks have made the wrong judgement calls because of pre-judging  others simply because the other persons do not look or sound like them is countless.  We need to get along with others that are not carbon copies of ourselves.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten