7/26/2024

LEAN ON ME

It's when we forget our selfish ways that we accomplish  tasks that are most likely to be remembered, by others.
"It is our job to put the man back into manhood."
      "LEAN ON ME, when you need to."
If I could offer a single prescription  for the survival of our relationships  it would be to restore the family unity. And if you asked me how to do it, my answer would be to  save  the union between men and women.
So where do we start, let's start by changing attitudes. The disintegration  of the family structure. Everybody knows it but too many have been reluctant to talk straight about it.We know that children need intact families, that include fathers, but we fear to say it unless we appear to be blaming hard-pressed  single mothers for the very problems they are struggling  to overcome. There is nothing wrong with being a single parent,if that is the choice you make. But there is something wrong with the fact that a  woman of color is so much more likely to experience this situation. And there is something wrong with glorifying this problem instead of rising up to change it. Many children do not know, and may never know, what it means to have a in-house father. Nor do they know many other kids who have an in-house fathers
if we are to survive, then our family unity must be restored.we cannot rescue our families unless we make up our minds to save our unions. What our community needs, is a few good men. Who will say to the woman in his life "LEAN ON ME"
We can make it, if we try hard enough!


Final thought

Would it not be great if we could rid ourselves of excuses and complaints.
For example, many single parents make these statements.
If only I had more money........
If only the circumstances  were different..
If only I could have made adversity work for me........
If only I had followed my dreams..........
If only I hadn't  listened to others....
If only I had more schooling.......
If only things had gone according to plan....
If only I had had more time.......
If only I had married a different mate....
If only I had listened.......
You don't make progress by  complaining , and making excuses.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten