7/26/2024

You are the LOVE of my Life

"You say that as if you really mean it!"

While listening to George Benson singing these words in his song with a very smooth melody, made me think back about the times I heard those words said to me
Young couples don't often use these phrases anymore, like we old schoolers did back in the day. We were romantic and often sincere about what we were saying 
However good the phase sounds the relationship may not last.i.e. it had an expiration date.
"You make my life worth living!"

Many couples start out feeling the way the song says it, but they don't maintain what it implies.

"They say the hardest thing in the world is losing someone you love. Someone you started to grow with and experienced  growth as a couple everyday. Someone who showed you how to love. It's the best thing to ever happen to anyone. My now ex-wife divorced me unexpectedly. She brought me much joy for many years we had a family of 4( 2 sons) She wasn't my everything, but close. Those many years of being her husband taught me how to love  conditionally. We have to stop , take a breath and be thankful for our spouses when they are still the love of our lives. Because, life is very short and unpredictable So spend time with your spouses. Treat them well. Because, one day, when you look up from your phone, they won't be there anymore. What I truly learned most of all is, live and love everyday like it's your last. Because, one day, it will be your last. Take chances and do live life to the fullest. Tell the ones you love, that you love them everyday. Don't take any moment for granted.  Because Life is worth living when you have someone who also feels about you the way you do about them. We take so much for granted, that we mess up what we have, by not letting the other person know how you still  feel.
So fessup and show some appreciation before your life becomes a statement  like the following.
Well to be honest I did do some of these thing for her, but they were few and far between.

Final thought.

Saying " Love " without Actions means Nothing
Trust without proof means nothing
Saying "sorry" without change in behavior is an empty gesture! 






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten