9/26/2018

Men have a need for a Cave! to retreat for a better position

When women say "I don't care" be aware that her caring or not...... is not how men interpret it.
Do what you want, I don't care!
Women give support at difficult times! If they "Care".
Any relationship has difficult times. They may occur for a variety of reasons, like loss of a job, death, illness, or just not enough rest, because you ( the male) have been working very hard. At these difficult times, the most important thing is to try to communicate with a loving, validating, and approving attitude. In addition, we need to accept and understand that we and our partners will not always be perfect. By learning successfully to communicate in response to the smaller upsets in a relationship it becomes easier to deal with the bigger challenges when they suddenly appear.
In each of the following examples, I have placed the woman in the role of being upset with the man for something he did or didn't do. Certainly, men can also be upset with women, and any of my suggestions listed apply equally to both sexes. If you are in a relationship, ask your partner how he or she would respond to the suggestions listed as a useful exercise.
here we go:

When He forgets Something:

  • Her rhetorical question: "How could you forget?" or "When will you ever remember?" or "How am I supposed to trust you?"
    • The message he hears: "There is no good reason for forgetting. You are stupid and can't be trusted. I give so much more to this relationship."
    • what he explains: I was really busy and just forgot. These things just happen sometimes" or "It's not such a big deal. It doesn't mean I don't care.
When the man returns from his Cave:
  • Her rhetorical question: "How could you be so unfeeling and cold?" or "How do you expect me to react?" or How am supposed to know what's  going on inside you?"
    • The message he hears: "There is no good reason for pulling away from me. You are cruel and unloving. You are the wrong man for me. You have hurt me so much more than I have ever hurt you."
    • What he explains: " I need some time alone, it was only for one day. What is the big deal?" or "I didn't do anything to you.  Why does it upset you so much?"
When he disappoints her:
  • Her rhetorical question: " How could you do this?" or "why can't you do what you say you are going to do?" or "Didn't you say you would do it?" worse of all " When will you ever learn?"
    • The message he hears: "There is no good reason for disappointing me. You are an idiot. You can't do anything right. I can't be happy until you change!"
    • What he explains: When she is totally disappointed with him, he explains. "Hey, next time I'll get it right" or "It's not such a big deal" or "But I didn't know what you meant!"
Final thought
When a man retreats into his man cave for better positioning. he is recalibrating his future with the woman he chooses to love.  Thoughts like "If she is upset it's her fault. She should be more flexible. and not so emotionally uptight. He can't say these things to her but he needs time by himself to think them without having to apologize. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten