12/21/2015

Hit the reset button, grown folks style!


Ready  for her date or not,  would she wear this  again!
I not too long ago I read a few things that made me go:"hmmmm, could I have a few do-overs!' 
As we draw closer to the New year, I’d like to share some  mental reset tool that you can use to stay on track, with your goals! It has  helped me deal with procrastination and increase productivity. It is the practice of "Zero-based thinking," which aims at improving our decision making process. Its premise is that by imagining ourselves back at a point or place in life in the past before we made a particular decision, we have the opportunity to make new choices for the future. Practicing zero-based thinking help us avoid repeating the same mistakes.

In a nutshell,  use 20/20 hindsight to determine future activities and plans, at least I do. Applying it daily helps us save time and avoid mistakes as we make quick-course corrections in our attitudes, behaviors and practices. Every day, if we ask ourselves, “Knowing what I know today, what would I have done differently?” We should spend 5-10 minutes at the end of each night evaluating how that day’s decisions impacted us in these areas: 
Alone time should not be confused with being lonely! 

Relationships: Our key relationships are pivotal to our definition of life and self. Most of us struggle to create the right life balance that honors our relationships, while growing our careers and pursuing our passions. Each night, we must be intentional about examining how we treated our core relationships. Did our decisions bring us closer or drive us apart? Did we maximize our time together? We don’t wait for things to get bad to improve—it’s about continuously getting better!

Emotional Health: As much as I can, I try to avoid emotional baggage. While I’m not perfect in this pursuit, I make a disciplined effort to leave foolishness behind me on a daily basis. It is important to take stock each day of where you are investing your emotional energy and thoughts. If you’re spending too much time in negative spaces, you have to be intentional about changing your focus.

Business: We all have experienced the business partner, customer, the project or the coworker from hell. We dread them because they seem to siphon life out of us one painful interaction at a time. While it may feel like we don’t have options in this area because a paycheck is not a luxury, but a necessity…we do! Take time each day to look for the place or the moment where you could have done something differently. Look for patterns that may be impacting your productivity and attitude. Determine what can be changed and change it! 
Sharing can be a good thing!
'Let me tell you about 
Zero-based thinking.'

Do Your Work! Spend time each night for the next few weeks applying zero-based thinking to the days. Start the next day clear on what you will do differently.

Define Your Wealth! “I see new opportunities with each day’s horizon.”


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten