8/25/2018

We Men find relief in our Mental man-cave, but women communicate their needs.


When I buy a lottery ticket I believe I’m going to win! When I get involved in a relationship I believe it’s going to be successful. When I greet a stranger with a smile I believe they will respond positively. And when I post something on Social Media  I believe it will make someone’s day brighter. I am, and will always be, an optimist. I always believe something amazing is going to happen! Don’t you?

Having said that; I know that I can be a Cave-man from time to time and some women in my past didn't always understand my need to isolate myself from time to time. Simply because of the whole "retreat for a better position", this is a foreign idea to a few women. Men retreat in their caves, but women want to talk about what's bothering them.  Just the other day I went to have lunch at a restaurant after a business meeting... I sat alone thinking about my next moves, developing a strategy going forward. A very lovely waitress took my order and kept glancing across at me as she moved around from table to table. It got me thinking;  was she checking me out and flirting with me indirectly? Maybe, maybe not, because she said very little to me when she was close to me but would make some eye contact. then she would look away. So I thought nothing of it.  As I was preoccupied with my business thoughts. She was studying me from a distance.... (I learned later that she was planning to contact me using Social Media at a later point. Note to self: Times have changed, so much so..... that what happened after I left the restaurant blew me away. When I finished eating my meal, I asked for the check and she brought it. She gave it and I used my credit card to pay... she asked for an ID... I thought nothing of it. She walked to the registered and processed my payment. brought the receipt. I put my card and Driver's license away when she gave then back I left her a cash tip. and left.
Then when I got back home I signed on my PC to do some work.
Home alone I logged in to my FB page and saw a friends request. I clicked on the request and looked at the pic. and though the face looked familiar,  the name was not someone I recognized, But since the face looked a bit familiar I granted the request. Later on, an inbox series of message came with multiple pics. My mind thought; 'Wait! am I being catfished?'  But then her note said something that caught my attention. Her words, " you looked great in your suit, today I liked the suit and tie combo, you wore a suit like President Obama, into my restaurant today".
Wow... I did not see this coming!    I then figured out that the waitress had taken note of my personal info on my Drivers license... and must have searched FB. and found me. Her pics look different because she was not wearing a uniform in any of them. Being a suspicious-minded guy, I started browsing her FB profile.  She suggested to me that I could come back to meet her after work. SMDH... not going to happen just because you look good and sexy. I then responded; 'I will come and have lunch again and we can talk in person.'  By browsing through her FB Profile I thought to myself that her pics told a story that  made me think... that this is someone who is looking for a new relationship and is open about her availability. And concluded that there could be somethings that are not being revealed.
So how I look is not enough to make
you want to jump at a chance to meet me?
     
Does my provocative nature make you Pause?
I made sure my apt was clear before I took this picture.
Today is my day off from work,
so I'm heading out to do some shopping, 
Final thoughts
I've lived in major cities and always slow at jumping to conclusions about people's motives and what they want from me. Maybe I will be less cautious, without putting too much into showing my interest. As I let the other person make the next move, I will get more clarity about their intentions and interests. She knows what I look like, as I also know what she looks like. We have seen each other in person. So I know I'm not being "catfished!"  But I'm still not delusional to think that she picked to contact me just because I look reasonably good in a suit. It's just a B.A.D. image the real me is not what you always see, or who you want me to be!




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten