4/11/2019

“I think I love you”



Wait! What? Tell me what do you mean by that…. You think you love someone you barely know? REALLY? How do you get to that very overwhelming emotion, just like that? Without some form of physical contact, do you just see someone and start feeling “ I know, I don’t know this person but the attraction is too hard to ignore. S/he is so my type…


When and how does this fairytale magic happen in real life, in this cynical World that we live in… “Are you being delusional” or is the magic of first eye contact (love at first sight) so overwhelming that it becomes forever consuming? My guess is that this is what many folks have stopped feeling because it’s no longer what happens when two people just feel and go with their gut feelings and stop overthinking the “What if(s)”
Well, many writers especially female writers, put thoughts and emotions in print that often have that fairytale magical connections between two people, no matter the twists and plots they eventually wind up getting married and living forever ever after. No wonder that women, who read these books,  get all googly-eyed sometimes when they think they have just spotted that guy they so feel will fit perfectly on their arm.
Alright I know we just met, but I think I'm falling in with love you!
 
I had a long debate with a longtime friend of mine, who claimed she loved me from the start! just the other day when we argued about feelings of the heart VS feeling in the mind. We never agreed and almost always disagreed with each other just to keep debating on an issue, going. So i.e. we could not make it as lovers.... even though we tried for a little while. She would always want to agree to disagree, giving her the last word. Simply because, as she put it very clearly, men are too logical, and often think with the other head and do not allow their heart’s desires to show. Whereas women feel their emotions with their hearts. I knew she had a point but…. I felt that my Phys 101-102 classes had made me think differently.   When I was attending the university (100 years ago) I knew I had to figure out things that could be complicated as a Systems Analyst I had to change my way of thinking and so I developed the habit of using the “What if(s)” logic as a way of getting, excuse the pun, “ to the heart” of what was often the reasons people could not agree on things…. It had nothing to do with their hearts, it was their brains that were in this constant “spin cycle” and that kept them rotating around an emotion that made them think it must be because of their hearts that they remained stuck. If it was just their brain they could hit “reset.” And go to the rinse cycle and flush away those emotions. And then move on.
But we can't just move on because we become invested… and the larger the investment in time spent the harder it becomes to just “drop it like it’s too hot” …. Maybe that's the problem... it’s too hot to just drop it. It became hot because we were holding on with a too-tight-a-grip.
Women and men alike have used a vice grip that forces them to hold on to their beliefs and refuse to let go of these vise holds. They go from being interested, in someone, to obsessions,  to addictions and then too overwhelming needs to never let go. i.e. “I think I love you!” is more than just thinking.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten