12/31/2023

Did you seriously having all these Children before we got married

So tell me seriously who's children are these iThe oldsong "when a man loves a woman, she can do no wrong,  got me thinking.  . When a woman decides to remarry. If she was married  with children before they met it does not matter to him. He might even adopt her children so they can now carry the same last name as his family last name! The book "my life" by President Bull Clinton got me wondering about how complicated it can become when getting remarried women have to choose their last names!
Wait what?
This might start a serious conversation among his family and friends!
Old traditions, even biblical  paranoid  thoughts can drive a wedge between a couple because a divorced bride should not wear white! Ok who would have a problem with it?
Well that is so old fashioned. 
As a divorced man I often wondered what a new relationship could amount to since I have two grown sons. They would have to adjust to the idea that their mother, who kept her married last name, if she remarried might change her last name, making it different to theirs.
Well since in my case, my sons mother did not remarry up to this point. Things has not gotten to that point of last names being an issue. I have to venture a guess that she kept my lastname so that her and our sons would not have different last names! Not that she wanted to still seem to be married to their father
Some of my ex girlfriends tried to question me about why she did not change her lastname back to her maiden name. My response was always the same "She did not want to, I guess'

Final thoughts
Men have the opportunity to keep things simple. Whereas women who remarried  not so much! In Bill Clinton's case his biological father died before he was born, so the only father he knew was the man his mother married later, and that man adopted him and raised him... no complications there. His mother took her new husband's last name and her husband adopted Bill and gave him his name. Case closed! 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten