12/26/2018

Show me, and all of my family and friends, that you are committed.




Where is it, I want to see my gift!
It’s that time of years, gifts are exchanged and love is in the air, for some couples, that is what Christmas is all about… But she has been waiting for an engagement ring for a long time! Maybe too long!(her patience is wearing thin)
Just ask her what is she really thinking about having to wait so very long, for a piece of jewelry.
An engagement ring is a toke of validation, it basically states you are worthy to commit to. It also spells out how worthy based on the number of carats of the diamond… 1, 1.5, 1.75, 2, 3, 4, 5 carats these diamonds speak volumes to a woman’s feelings of being worthy.


So why is it, that when a woman receives the engagement ring that she feels like she needs to show it to all of her friends and family… Is it to create envy? Even though she will state we are engaged… The man has nothing to show, OK maybe the receipt. He has committed by giving his woman an engagement ring, and he gets a kiss in return maybe a hug to prove that she is very happy. But when they get married she may want her husband to wear a wedding band so that other females know to keep their hands off of her man. Don’t even flirt with him he is mine, mine, all mine.
The equality wave has not flowed in the direction yet, where women do the proposing. Here is why.. Women still want to be chosen, a ring speaks volumes. But after the couple gets married she wants her husband branded… If he wears a ring even if he takes it off it leaves a mark that spells it out.
Some women (who may be seen as desperate) have proposed to men by giving the man a ring on bended knee. She will forever wonder did he actually choose me or was I tired of waiting for him to commit, so I did it out of desperation?  Would he have chosen to give her a ring and announced their engagement? Like she did, would he have, jumping up and down, for joy like she would out of excitement now that she put him on the spot, by giving him an engagement ring??? Questions like these are tough to answer. Because the rolls have been reversed. Men do not think like women, we can’t have the same reactions or even have similar expectations in these matters.


So think carefully before taking the lead in these cases, Ladies!
When a man has not purchased the ring, what is he saying, in his mind?
  • I’m  ready to commit, but not just yet
  • I haven’t found the ring I think is valuable enough to show her how worthy she is.
  • Maybe I can buy one that we will replace the stone later because I can’t afford the one she deserves right now.
  • Telling her that I love her…. should be enough…why do I need to spend a fortune on a piece of jewelry
  • If I do it when she expects it, will I feel like I was pressured into committing before I was really ready?

Why are you taking so DARN long to ask me to marry you?



Every single statement I listed above will create resentment…... trust me!
You will always create doubt in her mind when you’ve waited too long.

As a man, I have learned to put myself on the other side of the equation so that I can figure out why I receive some reactions instead of others.


Hmmm, what about that ring you promised?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten