5/11/2019

I'm Recognizing her strengths on mother’s day!


The strengths that she demonstrates is the direct result of her struggles.


“You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have.” ~unknown


I admire you for strength and style! And this red dress makes you also HOT!


In the current World that women live in  they have no choice but to be stronger than they even thought  they should have to be. Why do I say this on Mother's day. Mothers have always had to be strong  to be able to take care of their offspring, with or without help. Some mother’s have had to deal with adversities that have forces them to be strong and determined to succeed. If she does not rise  to the challenges she will not just fail herself but also fail to show the next generation how to be strong, in the face of adversities. The Brilliant women in businesses these days do not just have to be able to run a department or even a company and make it successful but also run a household and keep it from falling apart.  Some women have the luxury of being able to hire help that will take care of the things most mothers who don’t have the luxury of hiring help have to do themselves. Isn’t it amazing that a working domestic has to raise the children of the affluent women they work for, and raise their own children also. Note: Women of color have had to do this for centuries with great success, and never received much praise for all that they did, and still do. Women these days want to be  known for their academic successes and  business brilliance  but not so much for their motherly love of  raising their own children. Some may even decide not to have offspring… somehow seeing it as  being stuck in a weaker roll (maybe like their mothers and grandmothers) than the woman who manages to become a CEO or partner in  business firm. However these who rise in these ranks may have their own struggles, and may even wonder about their choices, maybe some still wish they had children, or if they still have the window of opportunity to become mothers.
This makes some of us men wonder why is it that we have made women have to choose between being more like men and less like the women who raised us. Don’t get me wrong I have always admired women who were progressive and determined to succeed in the business world. Dating back to my great-grandmother (my grand father's mother) who was a business woman in the mid 1800. Her genes carried forward as Members of my family have done just that, even those who did know anything about her. Which explains my admiration for strong determined career women. I grew up watching trend-setters in my family.  But also learn a lot from the woman who sacrifice so much to bring me into this World. My mother may she RIP, never gave up on have a child. She was determined to have me. She had one miscarriage and one still born before she successfully gave birth to me. I’m so grateful for her strength and determination. I get a bit choked up, as I’m writing this blog post.


The support my mom received  from my grandmother and my aunts  was the key to her not giving up. I know this because as I grew up being loved by my aunts, my moms older sister  and her very close younger sister, who had 3 daughters of her own, but no sons, she even tried to fool people that I was her son. Which spoke volumes to how much love I received from day one.   My own experience as a father was no picnic either my first born son was a premature birth. Scared me that I might not even have him in my life if things had not gone just right, him and I have the best father son relationship. I was determined that I will have at least 2 children not that I was scared that one was not going to be enough. MY ego was never about having an army of offspring.
But I want to make sure that my sons would have each other, for support, being an only child is not all that great I know this from experience.  So, I talked my now ex-wife into trying to have a second child, we were blessed with our 2nd son. I want a Recognizing her strengths on mother’s day also. But she was determined not to have anymore, and since I had agreed that she  could wait almost 5 years before we tried to have a second child, I didn’t have a leg to stand on, to go back and try to talk her into have a 3rd baby. Did I feel cheated “NO” because I was so grateful  to have my two offspring ( I love them both unconditionally) they had the same DNA, so I didn’t feel the need to try and force her to have a 3rd child just so I could have hopefully a daughter. Over the years I have wondered how things would have been different had the strong women in my life not influence me to see things the way I see them now.


My admiration To all  you mothers




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten