5/14/2019

So are you Overqualified or undervalued


What is he seeing when he looks at me in this pose?  
Are the tattoos on my Achilles heel
and my (chip) on my shoulder visible enough to draw his attention?


Let’s think about what is happening by having a mindset like this for a minute. Good enough vs overqualified.
Your Value, as a woman is being  determined by someone else, compensation determined by someone who may or may not value you or what you bring to the table.
Women have been evaluated for centuries as serving a purpose…  this is the 21st century, many are still stuck in this mindset--- that their value is only good enough based on someone else's evaluations. She is over qualified only if someone decide she is too high maintenance, and they don’t want to compensate her for ---- what attributes she brings to the position. This is not about assets and liabilities -Accounting 101. Women are not commodities. In my view I see women differently, now that I have mature a little bit.  

I feel that women often hear these words and have put themselves in categories, where they start out by putting themselves down a few notches..
  • Is she pretty enough
  • Is she curvy enough.
  • Is she tall enough
  • Is she too tall
  • Is she the right weight
  • Does she do things that other may not do?
  • Is she qualified in using spell check?
  • How well does she measure up to someone else's standards?

Women are constantly judging themselves based on what others think.  A man on the other hand things in terms of the value we bring to the table, as if we have assets external to our personal beings. Enough cash flow, a large enough home, a nice enough car. What kind of position we have in terms of jobs or the career path we have chosen.
Well OK, men also have issues---- but, a man can change his position in life pretty quickly. Where as a woman may start off doing well, having done well academically, and meeting the criteria that a new employer has set. Attracting a new boyfriend, who has decided that she has the attributes--- He wants in a woman.  I’ve taken some time to read a few e-books written by women. And I'm SMDH, I thought I would learn something new by reading what modern female authors write. I wanted some more insight into what women see as value, in their eyes. But it’s the same old same old. Women authors describe the female characters the same way men evaluate women. They are Subjects who need  to meeting the male labeling of who is beautiful and who fits well in/on the man’s arms. I’ve become totally disillusioned that women may read these stories and I believe many young women do. And then fall into the same mindsets that this is always the way it should be, and they are powerless to change it. You, ladies, have the power to change things.
I hope someone reads this and thinks for a minute that women are the only ones who can change this.   If this continues to the normal your progress, you have made, thus far will stall, ladies.
Stand on your OWN evaluations and calculations


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten