3/24/2019

Social Media makes it easier, to share the good news!I


I have compassion because I know how it feels!


“When you really matter to someone, that person will always make time for you. No excuses, no lies, and no broken promises”

When I read the above statement it got me thinking about how much easier it has become to stay in touch with people that you may not see that often…. I have moved multiple times each time losing contact with friends, and even family who I had good - even great relationships with. Well, these days I have to admit that Social Media has helped me stay in touch with many folks I would have lost touch with, and even connected with new friends. Here is what I strongly believe picture <me Smirking>: “ Your smile is your logo, your personality is your business card, how you leave others feeling after having an experience with you becomes your trademark.”
Many folks like to live private lives, I’m one of them. But I have come to grips with the facts that Social Media makes almost every relationship public knowledge, but it can leave it private if you choose. “If your relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it” depending on if it’s, good or BAD.  secret relationships are almost always not good, I hesitate to say bad in this case.
Friendships, have building blocks, it starts off with a foundation, over time the structure is built, sometimes with a plan that two people agreed on, sometimes with a plan that one of the two used to keep in touch and keeps it going, other types of relationships just happen, because we get alerted that we started a relationship with a person, and had it not been for social media you would have lost contact, or not even have made contact at all.  Go figure that some folks see social media as an intruder into their lives while others see it as a way to share so much more than we would normally be sharing with your loved one your friends and even strangers, that now can become friends with you just by requesting your friendship on FB, follow you on Instagram, Twitter….. You find out what you have in common, you dialogue about your likes and dislikes, you share opinions… sometimes you unfriend someone who may annoy you at a particular time. But that doesn’t mean you dislike the person, just that their comments come at you at the wrong time. But because the way they made you feel you unfriended them.  Think about it if they shared stuff with you that was fruitful you gained something that you didn’t have knowledge about that you would not have received had you not been in contact with them. OK, I’ve had friends that I snoozed them from time to time for 30 days and then even longer. Simple because I was in a bad mood when they posted something that irritated me. However then when social media makes them active in my stream again that person may be the reason “I smiled that day.” I instantly remember what I ’ve learned over time “the difference between connection and attachment. Connection gives you power, attachment sucks the life out of you!”  
OK, I’m not trying to be dramatic here but “when two givers indulge in a connection, it’s like magic. It’s alchemy. I water you, you water me, we never drain each other, we just grow.”

“One of the best feelings in the world is knowing that your presence and your absence both mean something to someone!”
Here is what social media has done it has reconnected relationships between people. You were once connected on some level, you snoozed them and they don’t even know that you have done it. Then social media reactivates them in your stream and your connection has been reactivated and your friend does not even know that you were irritated by a comment they made 30 days or more ago. That’s the Magic of “what you don’t know will not hurt you!”
It used to be that we had to remember: “If they miss you, they’ll call, if they want you, they’ll say it, if they care they’ll show it.”
So knock Social media if you want. If you don’t want to be bothered disconnect for a period of time and see how long you start feeling like you are missing out on what others share with you, and others.


“Everyone has inside them a piece of good news. The good news is you don’t know how great you can be. How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is.”


So in closing let me just leave you with this “What good news do you have to share today?”


“If you never venture beyond what you know…. You’ve spawned your own limitations”
~ Summer Redstone.


by writing and sharing this blog post I might be affecting a friendship… hmmm, who knows!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten