3/22/2019

You can try to psychoanalyze others if you want





If it was easy to psychoanalyze someone,  everyone would be doing it. I’m not that difficult to understand, but I am complex, at times, this is why my B.A.D. initials are so fitting.  So why would you want to go to some much trouble to psychoanalyze me, in the first place?
This is never an easy conversation to have with someone you ’ve just met and feeling attracted to them…..  When we feel like we need to get a good feeling for moving forward getting to know your new acquaintance, we want to play  Sigmon Freude, and look for key components as to what makes the other person tick. I’ve been known to confuse women just by telling them my name. They quickly jump to conclusion that I’m Latino, ( yes I can dance Salsa and Bachata.) but when I tell a woman that I was born Dutch and I’m also a U.S. citizen, they look at me funny. Like they instantly don’t believe me, those are strange combinations. Ooh, and your initials are B.A.D. too? Shaking Their Heads. It should make for interesting conversation, but most often women act skeptical because the piece to this puzzle doesn’t fit their typical norms.  
When I fess up that ‘I’m really an Open book.’ I can see the wheels turning in the other person head. If I try to explain instead of pretending, the truth eventually ends up erupting out of me like a volcano. People who have known me for years still sometimes become confused when they try to study me.
Most people grow up in a culture where almost everyone is most like them. They speak the same languages or at least one common language. I speak multiple languages and my exposure to multiple cultures have made me very diverse, in my thinking and my behavior. Telling someone that where I’m originally from is where most kids speak 4 languages by the time they begin first grade. So how is that even possible? So you understand every one of those 4 languages and their cultures, also? Yeah, why is that such a surprise?


I have this art theory that humans are just living, breathing, talking forms of art, each crafted with a different technique and carved out of different materials. Each beautiful in their own way. And sure, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and totally subjective, and changes depending on your circumstances, Yada-yada-yada… but most of the time, it’s pretty easy to classify people.
Like, okay, you know those women who are gorgeous and never act as they know it? Or the men who pass quietly through life, handsome and unnoticed, never begging for attention or seeking recognition?  


Those folks I classify as your watercolors.  


And the loud, vivacious, gorgeous-and-they-know-it creatures, with bright lipstick and closets full of bold colors and outfits they never wear twice? Are in my view Acrylics.  
The graceful, elegant, aging beauties you pick out in the crowd, or across the cafe, the lines on their faces telling a story you know you’d want to hear, with so many layers and smudges, twist and turns, you’re not even sure where they begin? Are Charcoals.


Then you’ve got the big-picture-beautiful people, with the collection of interesting features that together make a beautiful face. They’re your oil paintings---- best seen from ten feet away and, at the end of the day, kind of funny looking if you lean closer and analyze all their elements separately.



Sculptures
And then there are those who are chiseled into perfection over the course of years until stories could be written about their eyebrows.

 And then there’s me.
Well, I’m probably a finger-painting. Done by a three-year-old… without supervision, messy but created with love.





Final thoughts

My point is when my eyes see a person as art, I can’t help but analyze what it is I’m seeing.  And since I’m a deeply flawed human, with no control over how someone will react to me, when they meet me. I’m usually a Distraction, because I’m Art created by a three- year old which is different,  and when I speak I sound like an ominous noise rumbling at times.. Until I clear my throat. This can confuse someone!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten